Sunday, November 21, 2010

lazy days...

It was another great Sunday. Nothing going on. Cleaned the house a little this morning then husband and I took the dog for a walk. It was cool but nice to be in the sunshine. When we got home I made some kale and a turkey burger for lunch. The in-laws came for a little visit (I feel lucky to have great in-laws) then I just hung out and spent way too much time online.
I did manage to make a pot of chili. I used the hungry girl recipe for it and it tasted great. It will be my lunch for my 2 day (!!!!!!!!!!) work week. The rest will be dinner tomorrow.
Tonight we had moose burgers. A friend gave us the meat so we decided to give it a try. Not bad. Reminded me of a dry burger. I can't remember the last time I had a real burger. I was a vegetarian until this past April and since then I try to not eat red meat. The few times I have had it it was because it was left over organic meat that we had. I'd like to go back to being a vegetarian but it just seems so hard to cook that way all of the time. Maybe i'll be ready again sometime.
After dinner I had some sugar free pudding and I realized that I need to not slip into that habit again. I did really well with the organic and fresh food for a long time but now that i'm trying to lose weight i'm going back to those awful habits of "light" foods and sugar free crap. More to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment